CHANSON Water Ionizer
10 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY
The warranty covers only the original purchaser of CHANSON ionizers and is non-transferable.
The CHANSON 10 Year Product Warranty covers all 7-plate water ionizer models that are distributed through authorized CHANSON dealers in Canada, including VS-70, Miracle MAX and Miracle. The Chanson Violet model is covered by a 5 year limited warranty.
IMPORTANT: Please read the owner's manual and watch the installation videos before attempting to use your ionizer, as CHANSON and Canada Ionizers are not responsible for any damages that may occur or additional costs that may be incurred during installation.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty expressly covers all failures due to defects in materials and/or workmanship which can occur during normal use, according to the following conditions:
- A Return Authorization Form must be obtained from Canada Ionizers or from the dealer through which the ionizer was purchased BEFORE the ionizer is shipped to the service center. Proof of purchase must be presented upon request with all warranty claims.
- For the first 5 years from date of purchase, all 7 plate Ionizers have Warranty which covers all parts & labour. Between years 5-10, parts are covered only.
- On fewer then 7 plate Ionizers (Violet) there is a 3 year Warranty which covers all parts and labour. Between years 3-5, parts are covered only.
- Shipping charges to and from the authorized service center will be handled as follows:
- For warranty returns that occur during the first 60 days from date of purchase, Canada Ionizers will pay for shipping charges to and from the service center.
- After 60 days from date of purchase, units needing repair must be shipped to the service centerat owner’s expense, and Canada Ionizers will pay for return shipping charges.
- After 5 years from date of purchase, owner must pay for shipping charges to and from the service center.
- All warranty shipments are made by ground service. Express delivery can be arranged at owner’s expense.
- Customers outside Canada take full responsibility for any shipping costs to and from the service center for warranty work, and for any duties or customs fees incurred.
This is a ‘repair or replace’ warranty: Canada Ionizers will make every attempt to repair a defective unit, but reserves the right to replace it at its own discretion with an equivalent ionizer if the unit cannot be repaired.
Warranty on USA Sales - If you live outside Canada, by purchasing from us your warranty is only valid at our Richmond BC service center and shipping must be covered by the purchaser for any warranty work needed. (If you purchased from a US Chanson dealer, you'd still pay for the shipping but it would be sent to Laguna, California instead of Richmond, British Columbia). This is because the USA warranty center is owned by Chanson USA and they don't provide coverage on Canadian sales. We do fully warranty your machine in Canada, the only downside is you'll pay a bit more for shipping should it need a repair. (We also provide you with free phone support if necessary).
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
WARNING: Never attempt to service the machine yourself as this will void your warranty and could cause serious bodily harm.
All CHANSON ionizers and CHANSON faucets are factory sealed. Warranty is void if the ionizer or faucet factory seal has been broken or removed by unauthorized personnel.
Limited Lifetime Warranty is a product warranty only. In no event are CHANSON nor Canada Ionizers liable for any indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of this product or arising out of any expressed or implied breach of warranty.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage caused by floods under the sink or overhead plumbing leaks (see Water Leak Liability Statement). These events can cause water to enter into the machine. Please be sure you have no plumbing leaks before installing the ionizer. The ionizer can be repaired at owner’s expense if such an incident were to occur.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage caused by failure to replace filters in a timely manner or by improper handling of the ionizer during filter replacement. The filter not only cleans the water but protects the ionizer from damage caused by particulates in the water. Intervals between filter replacements should never exceed 12 months. Please refer to the owner's manual for product-specific maintenance details.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage to the electrolysis chamber if periodic cleaning of plates with citric acid has not been carried out according to the maintenance instructions included with your ionizer. NOTE: Maintenance requirements to keep your ionizer working under optimal conditions may vary due to local water conditions and volume of water usage. Check with your dealer or with Canada Ionizers for details and recommendations.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, or mishandling such as dropping the unit or accidentally knocking into the unit with heavy objects. It also does not cover alteration, faulty installation, improper adjustment of set-up controls, or improper maintenance.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damages caused by the introduction of foreign objects into the ionizer by humans. A non-exhaustive list of examples includes sand, rock and salts. When using minerals in a mineral basket, please ask your local dealer about the type of minerals they recommend for your machine. Make sure to use the mineral basket according to proper installation instructions.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damages caused by lightning strikes, power surges, and faulty circuitry in customer's electrical system, fire, flood, or natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes or other acts of God.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damages which occur during shipping or handling of the machine.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover product accessories not supplied by CHANSON.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover the exterior finish on the ionizer or faucet. The ionizer and faucet finish is extremely durable and under normal use will last many years. DO NOT use harsh detergents or scrubbing type sponges to clean the exterior of the ionizer or the faucet; a damp clean paper towel followed by a dry paper towel will restore a perfect finish to the ionizer and/or faucet.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage caused by setting the TDS (total dissolved solids) value to greater than 14 (applicable to all ionizers except the Miracle MAX). There is a special adjustment of TDS in the back menu mentioned on the installation video. This allows customers in different areas to fine tune their ionizer according to local water hardness conditions. Setting of 1 is for hardest water; setting of 14 is for very soft water. Never set the TDS value above 14.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover any damage caused by commercial type usage on all ionizers. Commercial type usage means letting the machine run for more than 20 minutes at a time or for more than 4 hours a day. CHANSON ionizers are built to last, however they are primarily designed for residential use. Only the Miracle MAX model can be used in light commercial applications.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover damages caused by excessive water pressure above 60psi**. All ionizer units that have a solenoid valve to turn the water on and off at the ionizer (VS-50, VS-70 and Miracle MAX) will not operate/function correctly at pressure above 60psi.
**NOTE: Water pressure of the customer's home should not exceed 60psi, which is the Canadian national plumbing code standard. Be sure to have your water pressure checked before installation. Call your local plumber for inspection, or for about $10, you can purchase a water pressure gauge from your local building supply store and test it yourself. The water pressure gauge simply screws onto any outside hose outlet and will show your water pressure when turned on. If your water pressure exceeds 60 psi, all of your plumbing appliances are in jeopardy, so please take this seriously.
WATER LEAK LIABILITY STATEMENT
Neither Chanson Water Co. Ltd. nor Canada Ionizers make any warranty, explicit or implied, with regards to damages caused by water leaks of any kind. By installing a CHANSON pre-filter or water ionizer, you agree to hold CHANSON and Canada Ionizers harmless for any water damage caused by leaking water for any reason. This includes work done by CHANSON employees, distributors, dealers, affiliates, or hired contractors.
Recommendations to avoid water leaks:
- Check ionizer and pre-filters for water leaks multiple times over the first week following installation as most plumbing leaks happen within the first 24 hours.
- For installations that are plumbed directly into the cold water line under the sink, we strongly recommend that installation be done by a licensed contractor.
- For added peace of mind, you can install a leak detection device that will sound an alarm and shut off water supply to the pre-filters and ionizer when a leak is detected.
- When going on vacation or leaving your home for any length of time, it is advisable to shut off the water supply to the ionizer and pre-filters.