Chanson C3 Pre-Filtration System for GTA (Toronto)
The Chanson C3 triple-filtration pre-filter technology removes harmful contaminants targeting chloramines, chlorine, lead, arsenic, sulfur pesticides and nitrate that can cause sickness and health problems over the long term.
The C3 is designed to produce water that removes contaminants, but leaves healthy minerals and other important properties in the water.
The Chanson C3 triple-filtration system is the perfect pre-filter for a water ionizer. C3 filters last approximately one (1) year. The C3 triple-filtration system uses a direct filtering process to produce healthy drinking water while still keeping the healthy mineral content. Each C3 canister is devoted to addressing a different set of harmful chemicals, heavy metals, fluoride, chlorine, and over 100 additional contaminants.
STAGE 1: Carbon Block - 5 Micron - Addresses sediments, chlorine, bad taste, odors, and many more.
STAGE 2: Activated Alumina - Addresses fluoride
STAGE 3: KDF-55/Super Carbon - Addresses heavy metals, bacteria, sulfur, pesticides, and nitrates.
Replace stage 1 & stage 3 filters every 9000 Liters.
Replace stage 2 chloramines filter every 6000 liters.
All Chanson filters have full Lifetime Warranty on the housing hoses and fittings. Should your filter housing, hoses or fittings ever become damaged for any reason just give us a call and we will mail replacements to you right away.
Colour No Installation Type Multiple options Dimensions 14.5 L X 12.25 H X 4.5 D Faucet Type Single action lever Faucet Dimensions 10.5 H x 7.5 w Finish plastic /metal Water Pressure 60 psi max Power Consumption No Temperatures Cold water Connection Size No Filter Life 6 -12 months Filter Replacement No Weight 11 lb Warranty
All Chanson filtration systems cannot be return or exchange once package is open. Any damaged or missing parts just call us and we will send you a new replacement free.(shipping not included.)
How is Water in GTA Treated?! The City of Toronto produces potable (drinking) water by treating and cleaning raw water taken from Lake Ontario.
- Raw water is taken in from Lake Ontario.
- Large objects are removed by traveling screens.
- Chlorine is added to kill microorganisms.
- Alum is added to trap small particles causing them to clump together and form larger groups of particles called "floc".
- Heavy flocs are collected at the bottom of tank.
- Water is passed through layers of graded gravel and fine sand removing most of the biological impurities while activated carbon removes taste and odor from the water.
- Chlorine is added again to kill any remaining harmful bacteria and fluoride is added to water to help prevent tooth decay.
- Ammonia is added to stabilize the Chlorine during its trip from the plant to where it is used.
- Water is tested for quality.
- Water is distributed to homes, apartments, schools and industries.
Although city water is treated and tested at the municipal plant, it then has to travel through aging infrastructure such as pipes and valves before reaching its destination and picks up impurities along the way.